What is BIM?
- Is a methodology process of generating and managing design data;
- Is a three-dimensional, real-time, dynamic building modeling solution to increase productivity in building design and construction;
- Allows stakeholders to explore, exchange and share project’s key functional characteristics digitally before it is built.
- Coordinated, consistent information is used to Design, Visualize, Simulate and Analyze, Document, Deliver.
Methodology & Approach
- Data capture and dissemination using project collaboration software;
- Project or appointment led by a dedicated Project Director who will develop and agree a commission execution plan identifying who, what, when and how prior to commencement ;
- Project or appointment tracking in real-time of outputs and deliverables and early identification of deliverable delays and mitigation plans;
- Quality Assurance check-list to ensure all outputs and deliverables are quality checked by the Project Director prior to release and regular 360 KPI performance evaluations of the team.
Benefits and Outcomes
- Visual representation of Master Plans and GIS planning to augment the design and approvals process;
- Visual representation of building and infrastructure designs for coordination, clash detection and constructability;
- Clear, dynamic and persuasive programs and digital model visualizations to augment project audits and construction claims management.