Data Point take a pro-active approach to project management. Our objective is to ensure that a detailed brief is clearly defined at the inception phase of a project and critical targets of time, quality and costs are clearly identified. Data Point will provide strategic project management services to implement, monitor and manage the diverse resources required in order to achieve these critical targets.
Data Point‘s Project Management service includes, but is not limited to:
- Preparation of Project Execution Plans detailing who, what and how the project will be delivered to achieve the stated objectives and establishing the project hierarchy, key stakeholder interface management, communications and reporting lines and the establishment of key strategic “hold-points” to under-take project health checks through the entire implementation phase;
- Preparation of the project Master Program detailing each phase of the project identifying the critical path and key project milestones and continually monitor and track the base-line program with actual progress for early identification of delays;
- Assistance where necessary in the procurement, monitoring and management of the Client appointed design team;
- Reviews of consultants proposed designs for the project and report on the euectiveness of each design in terms of cost, value and sustainability;
- If required, Data Point have the in-house capacity and capability to produce digital 3D Building Information Models to augment the design coordination and clash detection process based on the design prepared by the consultant team. Models application is multi-faceted and used to prepare or review construction programs and quantity validation.
Design Management to ensure that all building elements are fully documented and properly co-ordinated and implement procedures to ensure the design complies with statutory requirements;
- Preparation of cost plan/budget estimates based on consultant proposed designs and if necessary, carrying out value engineering reviews and lead formal workshops in order to reduce cost whilst still maintaining quality;
- Advise on the optimal method of procurement and forms of contracts to be used and review of particular conditions of contract (in conjunction with legal advisors);
- Preparation of tender documents, including front end Preliminaries, Bills of Quantities and Specifications;
- Calling of tenders, including advice on the short-listing of tenderers, and where necessary conducting pre-qualification exercises;
- Reporting on tender returns and recommendations on award, including drafting of Letters of Intent and/or Award;
- Reporting on and reviewing the Contractor’s Health and Safety Policy and identify any corrective measures;
- Managing the project handover phase to allow the Client to operate the completed project efficiently and effectively and to advise on Facility Management OPEX expenditure planning to optimize the asset life-cycle.