Data Point appreciates that the preparation of tender documents are resource consuming, labour intensive involving multiple parties and yet vitally important to the commercial success of any project. Hence Data Point provides a tender out-source service to Employers and Contractors aimed at reducing Clients costs and leveraging our teams vast experience in preparing complete, coordinated and contractually tight tender documents. Data Point‘s Quantity Surveying and Tendering Assistance Service includes, but is not limited to:
- Assistance with the preparation of tender submissions including preparation of builders trade quantities and/or preparation of full bills of quantities in compliance with the appropriate Standard Method of Measurement. Data Point uses Cost X and BIM to harvest accurate quantities of all trades and elements;
- Preparation of detailed cost plans used to formulate lump sum tender submissions for design and build contracts and preparing and pricing pre-tender estimates prior to formal tender opening;
- Drafting or review Conditions of Tender, Pricing Preambles, Specifications, General Conditions and Preliminaries to ensure each parties scope and responsibilities are properly documented for accurate pricing with clear risk allocation;
- Review of tender documents (prepared by others) for contractual and commercial risks and identify possible areas of conflict or ambiguity and identify any errors and omissions or inequitable clauses that have identified risks for either party;
- Recommend tender qualifications for contractors in respect of commercial and/or contractual issues.
- Attendance at post-tender interviews and negotiations and full involvement uptotenderaward;
- Drafting or reviewing Letter of Acceptance or Letters of Award distilling the key heads of terms including contract and commercial exclusions and qualifications;
- Assistance to contactors in preparation of appropriate responses to post tender clarifications and providing advice on their corresponding contractual and/or commercial implications;
- Data Point provides a comprehensive out-sourced tendering service using latest technology and experience of preparing tenders under lump sum, cost reimbursement and target cost procurement.